Updated Software (2.63)!
Hello RPGsuite users
We know it’s been a while since you heard from us. We’ve been very busy putting out the latest update: RPGsuite 2.63! We’re so pleased to be sharing this update with you. It’s been a long time coming, and we can’t wait to get your feedback. Remember, you can always reach us at [email protected].
Why should I get 2.63?
Glad you asked! RPGsuite 2.63 has some major changes (scroll down for details). Highlights include much shorter download times, fixes to the interface that will make everything more usable, and automatic updating. Yes! The new RPGsuite Launcher will automatically update the TCG and DCS. You won’t have to trawl through your downloads page trying to figure out if you have the latest edition! And don’t worry, everything will still work offline after the first time you download and run the software.
The Launcher also means that when you first download RPGsuite from our site you only need to download one file. It doesn’t matter what bundles or pieces of software you’ve purchased. One file.
Okay, but how do I get 2.63?
It’s very simple! First, uninstall the previous version of the software. This is the last time you’ll ever have to do this: the automatic updater will take care of it from now on. Then, go to our new downloads page and grab the version for your operating system. When it’s finished downloading, run the file.
If you want to continue to use RPGsuite it’s best to do this sooner rather than later. Once we push 2.63 to our production servers we can’t guarantee that older versions will work properly.
How does this work if I don’t have the DCS?
The short answer: if you haven’t purchased the DCS, you still can’t use the DCS. You could download the DCS, but since you wouldn’t be able to get past logging in there’s really no reason to do so.
So what did you change?
Hoo boy. It’s a long list!
Changes to the TCG:
- Spelling/grammar corrections
- Psionic bug fixes
- Added psionic talent descriptions
- Enabled quick character
- Added toggle to make characters psionic
- Revised main TCG menu
- Added black/white printable character sheet
- Added asteroids
- Fixed position of scrollbars
- Fixed music bug
- Changed override to ctrl+tilde
- Qualification no longer rolled on 100% entry chance
- Fixed basic training bug
- Fixed pensions bug
- Changed format of program icons
- Trimmed required downloads to improve speed
- Fixed career name inconsistencies
- Added outdated app notification
- Username character limit increased
- Removed nonworking buttons
- Fixed load button bug
- Fixed progress bar bug
- Adjusted appearance of career dropdown list
- Updated failed login message
- Fixed TAS membership bug
- Entertainer qualifies on better of DEX or INT
- Fixed university qualification and benefit bugs
- Updated several events as per latest edition of the Core Rulebook
- Loading finished character defaults to purchase equipment screen
- Reworked skill system
- Updated feedback text
- Fixed mandatory advancement bug
- Updated Droyne information
- Fixed repeating skill descriptions
- Added support for custom skills
- Fixed Drifter basic training skills
- Fixed psionic talents bug
- Improved user feedback when pension is gained
- Fixed skill names bug
- Failed download does not break program
- Added description for mandatory career-continuation
- Streamlined aging dialogs
- Fixed bug with forced drafting
- Characteristics not reset on race change
Changes to the DCS:
- Fixed equipping bug
- Removed waiting time for new characters to appear in DCS
- Failed download recovers gracefully
- Improved performance and download speed
- Fixed bug with healing
- Updated engine to ensure faster loading
- DCS stores last login credentials used
- Fixed bug with medic skill
- Fixed bug with gender
- Added blank character
- Updated animations
I told you it was a lot!
A quick thank-you
The feedback we’ve received from all of you so far has been so heartwarming, helpful, and encouraging. We read every piece of email we get, and it means a lot to us that you take the time to write in. So to everyone who has written in so far, thank you. To anyone who hasn’t: whatever you have to say, we’re listening.
Zoë and the RPGsuite team.